2016-2017 icitizen Pilot Program
TDC icitizen Pilot Program
icitizen is pleased to have the opportunity to partner with The Democracy Commitment for our Pilot Program during the 2016-2017 academic year. We are committed to revolutionizing the way students and their campuses interact—not only will icitizen make civic engagement simpler and more powerful for students, but participating campuses will have unprecedented access to their students’ interests and priorities in order to make better, more data-driven decisions.
Participants will be granted full access to icitizen’s client features and the opportunity to provide feedback directly impacting the platform’s continued development. Below is a summary of the features that will be implemented through the program and how they can be used to expand and enhance new or existing programs of democratic engagement.
icitizen currently offers a unique polling platform with both web-based and mobile capabilities. Our technology will allow campuses to solicit rich insight from their students on a regular, real-time basis.
- Gather invaluable student opinion regarding events and issues both on and off-campus, and track these issues over time.
- Work in concert with icitizen’s polling team to design questions that produce data that is relevant, engaging and useful.
- Reach the entire campus in seconds.
Issue cards are a crowd-sourced form of civic communication designed to raise awareness for issues and facilitate action on campus. Both students and administrators can quickly access (and add their own) local, state and national issues in order to see what kind of negative or positive momentum those issues are generating within a community.
- Empower students to make an impact within their campus and local communities by defining the issues they care about most and mobilizing their peers around proposed solutions.
- Allows campuses to be proactive in addressing student issues and concerns – rather than simply reacting once an issue manifests.
- icitizen vets submissions to ensure relevant civic content. Hate speech is not allowed and comments are unavailable, creating a data-driven environment that encourages constructive dialogue and discourages bullying.
icitizen enables schools to access detailed analytics on all polls and issues generated by their internal and external communities.
- Extensive demographic and geographic filters illuminate trends and disparities between different groups of students?
- Data can be segmented by age, race, gender, voter registration status, location etc.
- Data can be used to support administrative decisions or identify campus priorities and act accordingly.
- Graphs and visualizations make it simple to understand patterns, strengths and weaknesses of student engagement.
- All students using the platform also have easy access to news, issues, organizations, and elected officials organized at the local, state and national levels.
Participating campuses have access to and special involvement in icitizen’s series of student-oriented events over the course of the academic year. This includes but is not limited to coverage of presidential debates, the November election and the inauguration.
TDC members will receive a heavily discounted price of $1,000 for the unfettered use of all aforementioned features throughout the course of the entire academic year.
TDC will host a webinar that will walk participants and interested institutions through the new program to use the many capabilities of the dashboard and many benefits to your institution. Contact the National Manager for the date and time of the webinar and how to can gain access to its recording.
Participating Member Institutions to Date:
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Lone State College
- Mesa Community College
- Miami Dade College
Call for Participation
For more information and to sign up to participate in this exclusive pilot program and take advantage of the discount, please contact Verdis Robinson, TDC Interim National Manager, or Alex Schreiner, icitizen Partnerships and Outreach Manager by Monday, October 17, 2016.
- Verdis Robinson, email@example.com, (202) 478-4656
- Alex Schreiner, firstname.lastname@example.org, (650) 823-2321
Quick Links for Programs: