Partnerships formed between TDC and national organizations give our members access to a myriad of opportunities to develop, participate, and communicate the results of their collaborative civic work and democratic learning efforts.
TDC Calls for Participation and Opportunities
- 2016-2017 icitizen Pilot Program: The Engage the Election 2016 initiative will include a series of webinars focused on various aspects of political engagement. The initiative will also include a series of presidential debate watches in the fall with live tweet-ups. Finally, we will collect and share a variety of resources to help our campuses and students navigate the ever-growing amount of information, tools and opportunities focused on advancing nonpartisan student political engagement. Click Here For More Info.
- Deliberative Dialogues “Train the Trainer” Professional Development Opportunity: We will be hosting a Deliberative Dialogue “Train the Trainer” Workshop at Keene State College in New Hampshire on October 28, 2016. Dr. Kara Lindaman of Winona State University, Minnesota, and Dr. John Theis of Lone Star College, Texas, will conduct the training from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm on the Keene State Campus. The workshop will provide moderator training for deliberative dialogues and attendees will learn how to train moderators as well. Click Here For More Info.
- TDC Walk 2 Vote Challenge: With TDC Walk 2 Vote Challenge, students become the social capitol of their communities by engaging not only campus communities, but their neighbors and neighborhoods in voter registration and education culminating in leading their communities to the polls on election day. Click Here For More Info.
- 2017 Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement (CLDE) Meeting Student Intern Opportunity: Seeking student interns for the 2017 Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement conference with ADP, TDC, and NASPA. Applications due Nov. 1st. Click Here For More Info.
- TDC and The New York Times inEducation
- Deliberative Democracy Initiative
- TDC’s Reacting to the Past Cohort
- TDC’s Political Engagement Project
Because of the complementary relationship between The Democracy Commitment and the Association of State Colleges and Universities’ (AASCU) American Democracy Project, all TDC member institutions have full access to the projects and resources from the following AASCU programs and initiatives.
● Japan Studies Institute- Coming soon!
Partners and Friends
Our national partners are organizations that bring specialized civic engagement opportunities to numerous disciplines on a college campus. Because of our partnerships, TDC member institutions have access to their programs.
- CIRCLE’s National Study of Voting, Learning, and Engagement
- ALL In Challenge
- League for Innovation in the Community College
- Service Year
- Street Law, Inc.
Quick Links for Programs: