Initiatives and Projects
TDC Members have exclusive opportunities to participate in national initiatives creating an interconnected web of students, campuses, and communities committed to democracy. To this end, TDC presents a series of Special Initiatives designed to promote national projects that will allow students to become deeply involved in substantive citizenship issues.
This effort, a blend of national and campus-centered activities, entails a series of initiatives and projects that are supported by groups of campuses and national partners creating materials and ideas for community colleges to use in promoting civic learning and democracy engagement among campuses. Each initiative deals with critical national dialogues and issues such as political engagement, inequality, deliberative democracy, community conversations, civic agency, and civic curriculum development.
Current INITIATIVES and PRojects
- BRIDGING CULTURES TO FORM A NATION
- CITIZENSHIP UNDER SIEGE PROJECT
- ECONOMIC INEQUALITY INITIATIVE
- CIVIC LEADERSHIP ACADEMY- COMING FALL 2017!
- CIVIC OUTCOMES OF COMMUNITY COLLEGE STUDY
- COMMUNITY LEARNING PARTNERSHIPS INITIATIVE
- ENGAGE THE ELECTION
- WALK 2 VOTE CHALLENGE- COMING FALL 2017!
- POLITICAL ENGAGEMENT PROJECT- COMING FALL 2017!
- DELIBERATIVE DEMOCRACY INITIATIVE
- DELIBERATIVE DIALOGUE MODERATOR TRAINING