2018 Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement Meeting- Student Intern Opportunity
June 6-9, 2018 | Anaheim, California
In order to encourage student participation in the 2018 Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement (CLDE18) Meeting, AASCU’s the American Democracy Project, The Democracy Commitment, and NASPA’s Lead Initiative are proud to offer the opportunity for three students to have a voice on the planning committee. This position will enable these students to do the following:
- Organize the student symposium on Wednesday, June 6, 2018;
- Have an active presence on social media and blog postings for ADP, TDC, and the NASPA Lead Initiative;
- Coordinate student gatherings and programming while in Anaheim;
- Volunteer on site at the CLDE18 Meeting in Anaheim;
- Be on the planning committee conference calls leading up to the meeting;
- Assist in reviewing program submissions late January and early February; and
- Additional opportunities that may become available.
Each of the student interns will receive a complimentary registration to the CLDE18 meeting as well as transferable work experience. To apply for this intern position, fill out the application by Friday, September 15, 2017. The application can be found here. The duration of this commitment will be remote from October 1, 2017- to June 31, 2018. Expected workload will be about five hours per week and on-site from June 5-9, 2018, in Anaheim, California.
All applicants will be notified about their application in late September 2017.
For questions or concerns please contact:
Assistant Director for Knowledge Communities and CLDE Initiatives, NASPA
Sreynolds@naspa.org | (2012) 719-1193
National Manager, American Democracy Project, AASCU
email@example.com | (202) 478-7833
Verdis L. Robinson
National Director, The Democracy Commitment, AASCU
firstname.lastname@example.org | (202) 478-4656