Happy National Voter Registration Day!! From TDC
Happy National Voter Registration Day!!
The Democracy Commitment celebrates National Voter Registration Day as a Special Day of Action. According to the coalition, in 2008, 6 million Americans didn’t vote because they missed a registration deadline or didn’t know how to register. In 2016, the movement wants to make sure no one is left out. On September 27, 2016, volunteers, celebrities, and organizations from all over the country will “hit the streets” for National Voter Registration Day (NVRD). This single day of coordinated ﬁeld, technology and media efforts will create pervasive awareness of voter registration opportunities–allowing us to reach tens of thousands of voters who we could not reach otherwise. National Voter Registration Day is an opportunity to put our differences aside and celebrate the rights that unite us as Americans; democracy.
TDC encourages all member institutions to join the national network of a thousand organizations operating on the ground and through social media to register voters on their campuses and communities while also receiving pledges to vote from those already registered.
Register to Vote using the TDC Register to Vote Tool powered by Rock the Vote: https://register2.rockthevote.com/?partner=35891. Already registered? Share it with someone who is not!
TDC member institutions that have schedule events include:
- Allegany College Of Maryland
- Community College Of Allegheny
- Cuyahoga Community College
- Delta College
- Glendale Community College
- Lone Star College
- Los Angeles Harbor College
- Mesa Community College
- Miami Dade College
- Middlesex Community College
- Monroe Community College
- Northampton Community College
- Palo Alto College
- Paradise Valley Community College
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Santa Fe College
- South Mountain Community College
- Tarrant County College
Congratulations on taking action! Be sure to share you results with us!
Here’s how other campuses can also take action:
- Have students Check their registration status to see if they need to register or update their registration.
- Have students remind friends, family, coworkers, and neighbors to register to vote today by sending them an email telling them to register, check their registration, or update their registration if they need to.
- Fair Elections Legal Network’s state-specific guidesholding a voter registration drive and general voting information.
- Campus Vote Project’s state-specific guidesfor student voters with registration and voting information, and the answers to questions you may have about the process.
And be sure to join us on Tuesday, October 4th as we Tweet-up the Vice Presidential Debate using#iDebate16. For further information on NVRD, visit their website: http://nationalvoterregistrationday.org