Webinar #5 | Walk2Vote: Student Empowerment through Civic Engagement | Thursday, July 28, 2016
Walk2Vote (http://walk2vote.com/) is a student led, student executed, non-partisan political engagement program created by students from the University of Houston-Downtown (Texas). It has grown from a local/campus-based initiative to what is now a national movement. We discussed how to host a Walk 2 Vote campaign on your campus.
- Speaker: John Locke, Walk2Vote Co-Founder and former Student Body President, University of Houston-Downtown
- When: Thursday, July 28, 2016 from 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. EST
- Recording of webinar is available here (Time: 50:22)
Webinar #6 | Voter Registration & Campus Technology: Engaging Student Voters by the Thousands | Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Offered in partnership with TurboVote, this webinar will explore the research and subsequent implementation of an innovative (yet, easy!) voter engagement strategy: integrating voter registration and resources into campus IT infrastructure. The TurboVote team and their campus partners will share success stories and their personal experiences with engaging the necessary stakeholders and turning web-based student portals and pass-throughs into “online voter registration tables.” Just in time for this fall’s election, we invite you to join us in raising the voter engagement bar and institutionalizing your registration efforts so voting can fit the way students live.
- Speakers: Matt Tharp and Emily Giffin, TurboVote Partner Support Leads will be joined by TurboVote Campus Partners
- When: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 | 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. EST
- RSVP here