Civic Leadership Academy
Advancing Civic Learning, Literacy, and Skill Building in Our Community Colleges
Through institutes, regional summits, workshops, and national meetings, the Civic Leadership Academy provides our members with professional opportunities to develop skills in civic learning and democratic engagement and to learn from others across the country exchanging ideas on best practices to advance this work.
In this project Institutions develop community change and leadership development curriculum for community college students. Outcomes include civic and community engagement courses, certificate programs, and degree programs.
In collaboration with the Center for the Study of Community Colleges, member institutions will administer a survey to assess community college students’ civic agency, behavior, and knowledge after at least one year of attendance at a TDC member institution. Results can guide institutional civic efforts.
This academic, peer-reviewed, open-access journal, published online quarterly and available through the TDC website, will solicit and accept submissions from educators, public intellectuals, students, artists, and community partners.
- Dr. Robert Brandon, Cleveland State Community College
- Dr. Connie Jorgensen, Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Dr. Cynthia Kaufman, De Anza College
- Dr. Caryn McTighe Musil, American Association of Colleges and Universities
- Dr. Patty Robinson, College of the Canyons
- Ken Rolling, Community Learning Partnerships
- Dr. Dave Price, Santa Fe College
- Joshua Young, Miami Dade College
- Aurora Zwick, Moraine Valley Community College